Thursday 27 February 2014

Pebble KS on tan leather NATO, Fuzzy English Plus watchface


I picked up the 22mm tan NATO some years ago for a Seiko project, and it has been lying in my drawer since. These tan straps are easy to find on eBay, and seem to be made of an artificial leather, even though they are stamped as "leather". They are rather stiff and thick, which is why I have never really used them. However, this particular one was thin enough to fit between the springbars and case, so I broke it in by twisting it for a while until it became more supple. I tried to oil it, but it doesn't seem at all absorbant. The look, however, is rather nice and would match nicely with brown shoes and belt (or a Brooks leather bicycle saddle, for thos so inclined ;-).

Fuzzy English Plus was originally Fuzzy French Plus, which I re-programmed to English and changed the text size of the auxilliary information to improve legibility. This is my "non-work" watch face as I tend to grasp the time more intuitively seeing it in this fashion - at work I need to keep an eye on upcoming appointments so I tend to use Smartstatus or Smartwatch Pro here.

No comments:

Post a Comment